Due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic, Scuola Italiana will not reopen for physical classes for the Spring Term, following Portland Public School’s lead. What that means for our community and students is as follows:
- Spring adult classes will be held online via the Zoom Platform from April 13 through June 19. If you are already enrolled in Spring Term, you should have received information regarding the online classes that began on Monday. Right now, we are limiting enrollment as this is a new platform for us.
- Our Preschool classes will be canceled for the remainder of the school year. All parents will have received an email with this update. We hope to reopen this coming Fall and will keep you updated.
- Our in-person Children’s Classes (afterschool and weekend) will be canceled for the remainder of the school year. All parents will have already received an email with this update or any available alternative. We hope to reopen this coming Fall and will keep you updated.
- Our Summer Camps are still planned since they are scheduled for late summer. We will watch the pandemic news carefully and plan accordingly. We will alert parents of any changes.
- Our Free Talks will move online to the Zoom platform as well. Stay tuned for updates and invitations for the Free Talks online as we are in the planning stages for these events.
- Our free Meetup book club and conversation club will also move online to Zoom. Stay tuned for updates as we are in the planning stages for this program.
We are working hard behind the scenes to find new ways to meet our mission of bringing Italian language and culture to our community in a safe, socially distanced way. In the next month, we will be sending out some ideas and options to keep our community connected as best we can during these difficult times. We are working on new online programs and compiling a list of local businesses and opportunities to support the Italian community.
If you have any questions or ideas, please let us know.
The Scuola Italiana di Portland Team