Language and Cultural Enrichment Classes for Children
Weekend Classes 2022-23
Begins November 5, 2022 through June 3, 2023
Weekend Italian Language Classes – All levels
Every other Saturday, Beginning November 5
*see listed dates below
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
Location: 1542 NW 14th Ave
*COVID-19 Protocols listed below*
Two Available Classes:
Ages 7 – 11 will be in the Quimby St. Room – Teacher: Ryane Sergent
Ages 3 – 6 will be in the 14th Street Room (preschool) – Teacher: Touria Samiri
$416 for the year
*Siblings receive a 30% discount. Please follow instructions on the registration page carefully or email email@example.com.
Ages 3 – 6 Class
Our youngest students explore new language through play, song and engaging projects. We keep things familiar and comfortable during class so that children gradually come to embrace the new language. Children are also encouraged to play and interact with one another in Italian. Over time, children are able to reproduce the language spontaneously.
Ages 7 – 11 Class
Scuola Italiana’s weekend program is designed for children ages 7- to 11-years-old. The program is very flexible and tailored to fit the age and skill level of the student. Students build their language skills as they move through fun thematic units. New vocabulary and grammar is introduced in each of the themes that include: family, self-image, home, sports & hobbies and nature. By using practical topics as a means for learning the language, kids gain core language skills and vocabulary that is relevant to their own lives and that they are excited to use outside of the classroom!
November 5, 19
December 3, 17
January 7, 21
February 4, 18
March 4, 18
April 1, 15, 29
May 13, 27
- Masking is optional for both children and staff.
- All instructors are required to be fully vaccinated and boostered.
- Air purifiers will be in the classroom to assist in air flow.
- Windows will be open as weather permits.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitization requirements for the classroom, both for the teachers and the janitorial staff.
- Exclusion policy: If a student tests positive for COVID-19, please keep the child home from class for at least five days, then wear a well fitting mask in class for five additional days (day 0 being the onset of symptoms or positive test).
- Please keep your child home if they are experiencing any symptoms of an illness. Together, we can keep the class going and everyone healthy and safe!
These protocols may shift and change along with state guidelines. Parents will be updated as any changes occur. Our top priority is everyone’s safety. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
In today’s global society, it is truly important to give children the opportunity to learn multiple languages.
Being bilingual or multilingual, will not only open doors in the future for children at home and around the world, but it may also lead to enhanced cognitive skills, greater creative problem solving, and enthusiastic acceptance of diverse cultures and customs.
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages offers a library of research that documents these benefits and more.
Registration is ongoing and welcome throughout the year!